All educational activities of Bangladesh Open University (BOU) are implemented through SRC’s. Educational activities of BOU are reached in people door step of all classes from the highest to the lowest at grass root level of our country which SRCs play main role to involve them in the educational activities.
The following activities are performed through SRCs.
- To implement of all academic program of BOU as per BOU rules.
- To publish advertisement for admission in daily news paper & distribution of study materials to Study Centers (SCs) of BOU.
- To select and to manage of Study Centers as per BOU rules.
- To ensure the facilities of Study Centers.
- Proposal for appointment of Course Wise Tutors of Study Centers.
- Proposal for appointment of Study Centers Coordinator.
- Take necessary action to select exam center and to maintain the exam activities under BOU rules & regulations.
- To arrange Training Session, Workshop and Meetings.
- To workshop awareness regarding public relations activities.
- To ensure, Library, Audio, Video, Radio & Television facilities.
- To arrange counseling and guidance for the learner.
- To involve the learners for BOU’s academic programs.
- To take initiative to improve the co-curricular activities.
- To select, organizing and manage of examination centers.
- To distribute of results and necessary academic papers.
- Communicate with head of educational institution, local government, NGO.
- To coordinate & liaison with Regional Centers (RCs), Schools, Divisions and other officers.
- Financial management and preservation of official records and documents.
- To prepare and submit the yearly report of Student Support Services (SSS) Division to the authority.
- To collect of students information & preserve the all kinds of academic rewards.
- Others responsibilities which is impose by BOU authority.