About the Division
- To promote the University towards a center of excellence in education Planning and Development Division has been working since it`s establishment in the year 1992.
- To widen access for the learners through expanding infrastructure at divisional and district levels.
- For the stable environment of education and to optimise the utilisation of resources for the ODLS the division prepared ICT based Technical Assistant Project(TAPP).Through the implementation of KOICA aided ICT and Web-based Learning System Project, access of learners will be increased and quality of education will be improved through the interactive virtual classroom facilities initially at three location i.e Dhaka and Mymensingh region including BOU main campus at Gazipur.
- Initiative has been undertaken to provide ICT and web-based learning system facilities to 9 other Regional Resource Centers through second phase of KOICA aided ICT and web-based Learning System Project(LSR).
- To make the university as a Center of Excellence in education through effective planning, evaluation and monitoring of ongoing academic and extension services activities throughout the country.
- Preparation of Development Project Proposal (DPP) , Project Proposal(PP), Technical Assistant Project Proposal (TAPP) and their approval from competent authorities representing University Grands Commission, External Resource Division (ERP) & Donor Agencies.
- To take necessary steps for land acquisition with a view to BOU own buildings construction at district levels. To make appropriate plan for vertical expansion of RRC buildings to accommodate ICT and other facilities.
- Monitoring the academic programs of BOU for effective implementation and enhancing their quality the remedial measures should be suggested to the authority to overcome the limitations.
- Conducting research and survey program to identify the field-level constrains of different academic programs and to make appropriate suggestion and recommendations to the University authority for taking effective measures.
- Implementation of KOICA aided ICT Project : Establishment of ICT and Web-based Learning System in Bangladesh Open University (2012-2013)
- Land acquisition for co-ordinating offices at district levels
- Finalization of a survey Report that covered S.S.C, H.S.C,BA/BSS, B.Ed, M.Ed & other academic programs of BOU, conducted through Questionnaire survey method among co-ordinators of study Centers, Subject matter tutors, management personnel at RRC & Co-offices.
- Establishment of ICT and Web-based Learning System facilities at Regional Resource Centers: Chittagong, Sylhet, Comilla, Jessore, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Barisal, Bogura, Dinazpur, Khulna through the initiative of 2nd phase KOICA aided project preparation, approval and implementation.
- Land acquisition for the coordinator offices at district level.
- Conducting research in order to promote the quality of academic programs with special emphasis to learner`s support services.
|Dr. Md. Shafiqul Alam
|MS Nazneen Akhter||Deputy Director||9291101-4/233
|Md. Harunur Rashid||Assistant Director||9291101-4/408
|MS Mamtaz Begum||Assistant Director
|Mohammad Shakir Uddin Siddique||Research Officer
(Research & Evaluation)
|MS Nasrin Akter||Administrative Officer||9291101-4/240